Communication Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Thorncroft families, volunteers, supporters and staff,
Considering recent developments surrounding the coronavirus, we all have concerns about the health of our community. While there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in our community or in Chester County, we are in contact with the Chester County Department of Health to ensure we are taking necessary preventative measures and to plan in the event of a regional outbreak. The Chester County Department of Health recommends the following protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Staying home when you, your rider or family member is sick. If anyone has an elevated fever, we ask that you stay home until they have a normal temperature for over 24 hours without the use of medication.
- Clean hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol based sanitizer (60-95% ethyl alcohol if soap and water are unavailable)
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and nose.
- Clean surfaces frequently, such as countertops, light switches, doorknobs, cell phones and other frequently touched areas. Most household cleaners, such as bleach wipes or alcohol, will kill the virus.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms.
- Stay home and consult a healthcare provider if you are sick.
We have been diligent in cleaning and disinfecting common surfaces at Thorncroft. We ask you to use the hand sanitizer placed outside of entry doors before you walk through the main entrance. The health and safety of our riders and community is of paramount importance. We will be in touch with any new developments. Please call us at the Farm with any questions at 610.644.1963.
Thank you for your continued support of the Farm,
Tiffany C. Meyer
Interim Executive Director